- 27 Color Efex Pro 4 Recipes
- 9 Silver Efex Pro 2 presets
- 5 Analog Efex Pro 2 presets
- 4 HDR Efex Pro 2 presets
- Instant download
- 30 days money back guarantee
Nik Collection Presets and Recipes – Art Package
The Nik Collection Presets and Recipes – Art package gives you a wide range of presets which can add that extra WOW effect to your images.
I guess all photographers want to spend more time in the field shooting and less time tweaking the same sliders over and over again. Editing photos should be fun and creative and where you develop your art. This is why I have worked on creating this set of Nik Collection recipes and presets: To help you get inspiration on how to process your next piece of art and make it fun and easy.
This package is the result of working with several users to create this package of Nik recipes. The presets and recipes have all been tested on several images ranging from travel photos of festivals, Indian Sadhus, and skateboarders to landscape photos and wildlife. I did this to ensure that these presets work on a wide range of images.
Like all presets there is no single presets that fits all images. The color range in your image determines whether a particular preset will look great or not on this image. A preset that suits one image, might not suit the next. That is why having a great variety of presets and recipes will give you a lot of different looks to choose from as a head start for processing your photos and give your artistic inspiration on which direction you could go when creating your art.
Further down below you will also find a couple of hints of how to make better use of Nik Collection presets and recipes, as some of them will look better when you adjust a few settings.
Take a look at these few samples of using the presets and recipes:
Get more out of these recipes with these few hints:
Color Efex Pro 4:
- Using a recipe which have a Glamour Glow filter will give a soft image. You can add a details extractor filter, and use control points to emphasise the subject by making it sharper and with more details.
- Recipes with a Bi-colour filter will all have a subtle transition between two colors. Per default this transition is from the top to the bottom, but the transition might not fit with your horizon line. Use the Vertical Shift slider to move the transition up and down.
- Recipes with Darken/Lighten center has the option to place the “center” for the vignette effect. Click on “Place center” and place the cursor on top of your subject and click to make it the “center” of the vignette. This will help draw attention to the most important part of your image.
- When you see a Reflector Efex filter remember that you can control the light falloff, position and source direction of the reflector.
Silver Efex Pro 2:
- Check if the preset uses a vignette. If it does, consider to re-position the center of the vignette on your subject.
- If you photo still looks to flat after applying any Silver Efex Pro 2 presets, try to change the color in the Color Filter properties.
How do You Install The Nik Presets & Recipes? (Video)
In this video you can see a step-by-step guide on how to install the Nik Collection Presets & Recipes package. Alternatively, follow the instructions below the video. In the video I explain the process for both Silver Efex Pro 2, HDR Efex Pro 2 and Color Efex Pro 4. Installing presets in Analog Efex Pro 2 is not covered, however, the steps you have to take are the same as when installing presets in Silver Efex Pro 2.
How to Install the Nik Presets and Recipes After Purchase?
Once you have purchased the package you will get a download link both in your browser and by email. By clicking this, you will download a .zip file, which you should double-click to extract the content. The file contains 3 folders, one for the presets for HDR Efex Pro 2, one for Silver Efex Pro 2 and one for the recipes for Color Efex Pro 4.
How to Install the Presets for HDR Efex Pro 2, Analog Efex Pro 2 and Silver Efex Pro 2
- Open HDR Efex Pro 2 or Silver Efex Pro 2 from the program you use for editing photos (This would be Photoshop, Lightroom or Aperture)
- Click “Imported” in the left panel
- Click the “+” icon to the right of the word “Imported”
- Navigate to the download folder where you extracted the presets
- Select the “.np” preset files you have saved and import them
- These presets will be ready for use in the “Imported” section
How to install the recipes for Color Efex Pro 4
- Open Color Efex Pro 4 from the program you use for editing photos (Photoshop, Lightroom or Aperture)
- Click “Recipes” in the left panel
- At the bottom of the Recipes menu, click “Import.” If “Import” is not visible, click the “Back” button first
- Navigate to the folder where you extracted the downloaded presets
- Select the “.np” recipe files you have saved and import them
- The recipes will then be ready for you to use in the “Import” section
FAQ about installing Nik Collection Presets for Silver Efex Pro 2, HDR Efex Pro 2 and Recipes for Color Efex Pro 4
When installing the presets and recipes, I get an error saying: Presets cannot be imported, it is an invalid file format
If you use an earlier version of Nik Collection, you might get an error message, saying that the files are an “invalid format”, when you try to install my Nik Collection Presets package.Nik typically makes the updates automatically, but you can also update it manually. To update your Nik software manually, you should download the latest version of the Nik Collection trial from www.google.com/nikcollection. Don’t worry, the installer will recognize if you previously had a registered version of the Nik Collection installed. Downloading and installing the trial from the homepage will just update the files. Please close all host applications (like Lightroom, Photoshop or Aperture), and run the installer. When you re-open Lightroom or Photoshop, your plug-ins will be back in place.
Get Started with using the Nik Collection Presets and Recipes – Art Package in a matter minutes
What are you waiting for? You get an instant download link, so you can import the Nik Collection Presets – Art right away and apply them to your photos. You will be up and running in a couple of minutes.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.